GUIDELINES FOR PREPARATION OF RESEARCH PROJECT CONCEPT NOTE FOR COMPONENT 3
Title ———---------------------------------------------------------------------------- (one line)
Introduction: (Limit to 1 page & cover the following points)
- The background information on scope & dimension of the proposed research after identifying the gaps.
- State clearly the hypothesis defining the problem and prospects for the proposed research.
- Background information to understand and evaluate the likely output & impact on society.
Rationale (one page)
- Explain how the proposed research relates/has relevance vis-à-vis the strength and weakness of the disadvantaged regions and groups to be addressed
- State the impact of the project on social, economical and technological improvements.
Objectives & Collaboration
- State immediate research findings envisaged
- New Methodologies/ Procedures, and
- Final Outcome and Likely Impact
- List what the research would seek in terms of institutional/ consortium collaboration and how they are linked with advanced centers of learning including participation of public sector, private sector, NGOs, farmers or other.
Review of literature (one page)
- Pertinent work done at the center / India/ abroad briefly stating what is known, what is not known and what are the gaps relating to the project hypothesis.
- Major achievements/ technologies/ patents/ success stories emanating from the center
Methodology (one page)
- The experimental material
- Outline of the technologies involved especially production, processing storage & marketing
- Details of experimental design/ statistical methods (if applicable)
- Existing facilities and manpower
Work Programmer: (one page)
- Work plan for each objective
- Activity chart for each sub-projects
- Knowledge Management
- Update Plan
- Training Needs assessment
- Social & Environmental Safeguards & mitigation Strategies
- Concurrence of each Co-PI
Linkage with on-going Development Programme
Expected Economic Impact
- Approximate cost in Rs.________
Manner in which project is developed (half Page)
State that the project was developed on the basis of in-depth consultations with the listed partners & the cooperating centers of the consortia and the relative contribution of the each member of the consortium.
Details of Institution/ Research Center Submitting Research Proposal Concept Note*
- Date of Establishment of R&D Unit in the Organization:
- Date of Establishment of the institute:
- Mandate of the Institution:
- Full Address with Fax/ E-mail:
- Name and Address of the Head of Institution and members of the consortium:
- Brief Details of Work Done in the Area of Agriculture Research:
- List of Scientific/ Technical Manpower Available with Name, Designation and Area of specialization of all members:
- List of Research Proposals including Rural Development Presently Handled by Principal Project Implementation Plan for NAIP 88 Investigator; Period, Costs and Source of Funds thereof:
- Collaborative Programmes with Other Research Centers - Title, Institutions Involved, Project Cost, and Source of Funding:
- Major Achievements of:
- Technologies developed
- Success stories
- Impact in terms of Rural Development
- Management Structure of the Center (R&D only):
- Annual Budget for R&D (Separately for Agricultural and Non-agricultural Research):
- Justify How the Center as Equipped to Implement the Research Programme under NAIP:
- Registration No. etc.:
*This is only for research proposals by private institutions, NGOs, financial institutions, farmer’s associations etc.